Sunday, June 1, 2014

Una semana y medio!!!

March 6, 2014

Well it is p-day once again and i feel like i don't have much to talk about! i would love to just send pictures but the computers here are weird so its not worth it!


Well the weeks are all basically the same but we are always learning new things.  the highlight of my week is always Sunday so i will tell you about that! Oh but first!! We got 6 new elders last week and they are all so great! Volleyball is even more fun with them and i am glad we don't have to watch them leave cuz we will be gone before them! that's so weird!! We didn't get any new missionaries this week and we don't have any leaving either. Our zone is really great and I love them so much!


Okay so Sunday!! I got to sing in sacrament! That was fun! Hna. Chen from the district ahead of us played for me and she is really great! She is from Taiwan! I sang How great thou art it was nice to share my testimony with the zone through music. Everyone really loved it and I was happy they did! That night I went to choir practice which is always fun! I always meet new people and make new friends! The devo was really cool! The speaker had people stand up and share why they would want to join the church if they were an investigator and his son went around and picked people to talk.  Then he had converts stand up. And the coolest part was when he asked people who had been members, then left the church, and then now came back, and why did they. soooo many missionaries stood up for that one and it was truly incredible. His talk was really to stress how important it is to involve everyone in the work.  That bringing people back to the church is just as, if not more, important than bringing in new members.  I love it!! ahh this work truly is so glorious and I can't believe I get to be a part of it.   And hey to all you at home reading this... if you want to help... talk to the missionaries!! Members are essential to the work so please work with the missionaries in your ward!


So the other cool part of my week was on Tuesday.  The choir director is so great and it is just a lot of fun to sing with so many missionaries twice a week! on Tuesday we practice on main campus and the director was upset at the MC missionaries cuz there were more WC missionaries in the whole choir!! hahah the hermanas are taking over!!! But seriously.  okay so we sang this song called faith of our fathers and it was soooo coool! the director told us all the stories about the faith of our fathers and how that faith is in us still! He told us stories of John Taylor and all these great missionaries during the time of Joseph Smith.  They had no idea what they were doing, no MTC, no determined time to come home, and very little instruction.  It's crazy.  I could not do that.  But I don't have to! I just need to do what I am doing and give it my all.  


I don't really have much  to say this week so i'm sorry this email is kind of lame... but I love you so much! I love hearing from anyone and everyone and dear elder really is a great way to send me stuff!! And for three more weeks I can get them the day you send it! So do it! Okay well thank you for all the love and support I couldn't do this with out you!


te amo!


- love -


Hermana Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment